Thursday, August 12, 2010

Product Review:TIGI's PUNK OUT Molding Gunk



Here's my first product review, TIGI's PUNK OUT Molding Gunk from their Rockaholic line (http://www.tigihaircare.com/consumer/en-US/rockaholic/rockaholic-products.asp?product=punk_out&categoryID=). What really stood out to me as soon as I tried it was the smell, it's almost like a plain bubble gum smell. It's smells sweet but not overpowering. The consistency is really good too, when you spread it out with your hands it's easy to get equal amounts on both hands and doesn't dry fast on the hands. It was also very easy to wash out.
What I didn't like about it was how oily it made my hair after wards. After sleeping in it for one night I could feel my hair was really oily and a little sticky. I tried to add water to "recharge" it but it just made my hair look and feel limp. It also didn't have much holding power on my hair so within a few minutes my hair would just go back to its normal self.
I was a little disappointed in this stuff because I really wanted to like it. But the hold power and oily hair was too much for me to bear.

Pros:
  • Smells pretty good (like plain pink bubble gum)
  • Great texture and easy to apply
Cons:
  • Made hair oily 
  • Not a strong hold
Have you tried this product before? Let me know what you thought of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment